Thursday, March 26, 2015

Where Did All The Rainbows Go?

Where?

Where did all the rainbows go?
I see no more unicorns
The dragons have all flown home
Where have all the flowers gone?
I see no more colors of hope
I see only black hate and gray indifference
Where has all the crops gone
I see only empty fields
There are so many dusty fallow pastures
Where are the stars that shined so bright?
The Earth has shrunk
Down to a stone
Where does the sun hide?
At night when I am scared
During the day when I am searching for joy
Where is the moon?
During the day when I want to cry
At night to chase away the clouds
Where is all the laughter?
The playground lays silent
The crayons in the box are now all one color
Where is the music?
No notes floating along the breeze
No sound dancing in the trees
Where are all the towns?
The signs have all been pulled out
The houses all torn down
Where have all the smiles gone?
There is no softness in the eyes
There is just sorrow and contempt in your glance
Where have all the sweet words gone?
There are no loving whispers
Just angry shouts and raised fists
Where has all the love gone?
My empty hand now sits empty, cold
There is no passion in your words, your kiss
Where are all the answers?
There are just questions
There is just silence
Where?

With a key I unlock the fence
Take away the bolt
Throw open the door
Push aside the curtains
Fling open the windows
Raise my head up to the sky
Sink my knees down to the ground
Place my hand on my heart
Feel the warmth upon my face
There you are, you are not gone
You sat waiting, remaining, anticipating
For me to open and reveal the contents
Expose all the truth and the light

It was not hiding behind me
It was sitting all around me
It did not sit still
It pushed against the sides
It did not shout
It screamed in silence
It did not laugh
It cried unrestrained
It did not flinch
It stared at the reflection
It did not harm
It sat there cracked, broken

Where did all the rainbows go?
Can’t you see?

They begin with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment