Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Sweet Agony of Home


If I change into what you want

Will you be my home?

Am I an old soul?

Never knowing home.

Or a young one?

Never having a home.

If I let you hurt me,

Will you stay with me forever?

If I let you rape me,

Will pain be my only home?

If I cry,

Will you also weep?

If I throw out words of hate

Will your fear give me what I want?

If I laugh,

Will you feel my joy?

If I shrink down to nothing,

Will you protect me forever?

If I walk next to you,

Will you hold my hand?

If I lead

Will you follow me?

If I stumble,

Will you pick me up?

If I provide you comfort during your darkest days,

Will you leave once the sun rises again?

If I am you sun,

Will you be my Earth?

If I give you my heart,

Will you return it broken?

If I give you my mind,

Will you poison it with your venom?

If I give you my body,

Will you beat and discard it?

If I let you do all that,

Will you be my home?

If I understand your heart and your mind,

Will you use it against me?

If I accept you completely,

Will you repudiate me?

If I leave the light on,

Will you ever return to me?

If I do nothing, everything, something

Will it matter?

Looking in the mirror
No questions,
No answers,
No thoughts,
No sound.
One heartbeat.
Home

No comments:

Post a Comment