Monday, July 6, 2015

Someday


This is a poem that has much meaning for me at this point in my life. This poem spoke to my heart and my life and flowed down through my fingers needing a voice. For anyone living in an internal darkness, I understand. For anyone surviving not living, I understand. For anyone feeling too much and then nothing at all, I understand. For anyone floating on a cloud of pain, I understand. My answer is someday. Someday I will be fine again.


Someday
Someday I will stand on the top of the mountain
And scream at the top of my voice
I’m fine!
Someday I will swim in the depths of the ocean
And scream over the sound of the waves
I'm fine!
Someday I will sit in the darkest cave
And scream as it echoes off the walls
I'm fine!
Someday I will stand under the drops of rain
And scream over each clash of thunder
I'm fine!
Someday I will lie on the cool, green grass
And scream into the vast blue of the sky
I'm fine!
Someday I will stand under the darkened sky
And scream up at the large mocking moon
I'm fine!
Someday I will sit quiet and alone
And scream into the silence
I'm fine!
Someday I will stand unmoving within the crowd
And scream into the throng
I'm fine
Someday I will return home and open the door
And scream into my sanctuary
I'm fine!
Someday I will take up my pen and put it to paper
And write out in large capitalized letters
I'M FINE!


Someday
I will look into the mirror
And see my outline
And the colors and shadows
That make me beautiful inside and out
Someday
I will look down at my scars
And see the whiteness
And healing powers
Telling me I have strength to out live my pain
Someday
I will open my eyes
After a good night's rest
And smile not cry
Telling me that joy does exist again
Someday
I will cry
But they will be tears of joy
Like a rainbow after the rain
And know that hope resides in my land again
Someday
The flowers will have color
The sun will shine
The moon will not be ominous
And I will know they are watching me even behind the clouds
Someday
I will have hunger
My fingers will ache for my pen and paper
My heart will pound with excitement
And I will know the comfort that I live again
Someday
I will think of your face and your eyes
Remembering the love I felt
Relishing in the memories
And not live the ache of pain anymore
Someday
I will be fine
Someday
I will believe this again
And from the top of the mountain
I will shout
I'm fine!



No comments:

Post a Comment