Friday, September 23, 2011

ME

Today is Friday and creative corner day.  On Fridays I get to post something I wrote and on this Friday it is a poem that I wrote a while ago.  Enjoy.

ME

When it feels as if no one cares
When the tears pour out like the rain
When the world spins as I stand still
When no one sees me, hears me, feels me
When it feels as if no one is there…

You are behind me and in front of me
You know how my heart beats
Each sound, each rhythm
You know how my breath feels
Each sigh, each intake and release
You know the sound of my voice
Every cadence, every whisper
You know how I feel
Each touch, each caress

When no one hears me when I scream
When no one stops me when I run
When no one sees me through the crowd
When no one kisses me with any passion
When no one grabs me before I fall

You are beside me and around me
You feel each of my dreams
Every wish, every desire
You sing each of my songs
Every note, every chorus
You read every word I write
Every story, every letter
You know each of my faces
Each expression, every shadow

When no one loves me                                   
When no one claps for me
When no one pushes me to go
When no one faces me
When no one stands behind me

You are above me and below me
You walk each step with me
Every dance, every trot
You fight each fight with me
Every battle, every war
You dream every dream with me
Every flight, every roar
You paint every picture for me
Every color, every stroke

When the clouds start forming
When the battle troops start advancing
When the rioting crowd screams for change
When the thunder overhead is deafening
When the murder of one affects many

You are inside me and all around me                        
As I drug myself it is your mind
Lost and hazy
As I starve myself it is your body
Wasting and hungry
As I cut myself it is your spirit
Bleeding and hurt
As I turn it is your face
Wondering and pleading, crying and screaming, laughing and singing
Me……

No comments:

Post a Comment