Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Forgotten


Promise
I walked through the crowd
I traveled around the planet
Invisible, unnoticed
You found the key
That opened my Earth
You turned on the light
That scared away the darkness
You walked through my rooms
Bringing in the sunlight
Leaving with the moonlight
Taking all of me with you.

Illusion
I lived in your eyes
I found myself in your words
So soft so sweet
I dreamed those dreams
Inside your smile
I listened to our hearts
Within your arms
Was it realization I found?
Or was it just imagination
On the tip of your invisible wand?
Magician trickery ends in heartache.


Invisible
The weight of a smile
Sits heavy on my face
The blood coursing through my veins
Like waves from a hurricane hitting the shores
The wind in the trees
Sinister pieces of fate
Was our happiness an illusion?
Was it joy that gave me breath
Or was the fear my stimulant?
Was it really the sadness that gave me depth
Was it the heartache that gave me strength?

Empty
I have no heart that beats
I have no sound in my voice
I sliced through the corded veins
I threw out the shards of glass
That used to resemble a heart
There is no feeling
No taste, no sight
I lie stripped of it all
Naked and exposed
The sweet ecstasy of pain
This was the whispers of my fate.

It is so cold
But I feel it naught
It is so dark
But I have no care
The Earth lies on top
The universe is below
No stars, no moon, no sun, abyss
Your words cut too deep
And left me rotting
Alone and forever asleep
Left buried from sight
Forgotten

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment